Jonathan and I have been married for 2 years now! It has been a great adventure that continues to bring me to new places. I would love to share this adventure with you, so come follow me....

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Just call me the Coupon Queen!

What an amazing week this has been. Jonathan and I spent Saturday with some Life Connection people to finish roofing the house. I truly understand the verse that all things are possible with Christ. I am not a physical laborer, but trusting God allowed me and 5 others to work from 6:30 that morning till 7:30 that night after being on the roof all day in the sun. 6 people were able to roof this house in a day. And praise God it wasn't too hot and not rainy. Yours truly was on that roof walking around like a pro learning how to shingle and use a nail gun...so don't mess with me...I know how to use that weapon :) It was a blessing to really see how being a servant makes an impact on people.

Saturday left me barely able to move but enthusiastic about serving more. I am starting to use a few bucks a week to purchase some things to donate for missions. If you are interested in receiving a list of ideas to purchase, please let me know.

Ok, on to the coupon queen part.....My Publix trip tonight was by far the BEST SAVINGS EVER! Look at this picture...

Counting last night's Publix trip (those items not pictured here) and tonight's trip I got $188 worth of groceries for $27 before taxes and $35 after taxes. I must say that I think I have outdone myself. If I actually use all of this cleaning supplies I have bought over the past few weeks, we will have the cleanest house in the whole Birmingham area, haha.

Here is the end of the receipt to prove the savings

And just to think that a few months ago, I hated grocery shopping. Now, I crave for Wednesday to come faster for that penny item. Since I have severly been stockpiling over the past few weeks, I must share how full and loved our pantry and freezer are:

This is nowhere near the stockpiling some people do, but I am running out of room. I have a cleaning supply store under our guest bathroom sink, so things are just getting stored where ever I find a place.

I hope everyone is having a great week; count your blessings! I'm counting all $150 dollars I saved in the past few days. Isn't God great! Enrich yourself further and serve others in some way over the next week.

3 comments:

  1. This is AMAZING! You have enough cleaning supplies to last a lifetime :)
    You need to frame that receipt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, you should see underneath the sink for the whole stockpile of cleaning supplies. I think my couponing is getting close to the level on insanity :) but I like being on the insane level for this. I think I do need to frame the receipt and hope the savings keep getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know you were a "Couponer" too! I had an awesome week at Publix this week too. On Wednesday I paid 47.42 (that's including tax) and saved 109.96--a 70% savings!!! Needless to say, I was superexcited and proud of myself. You're right on two things--- It takes A LOT of space when you start stockpiling (The bottom of my china cabinet is quickly filling up with canned vegetables and pasta sauce) and it can become an obsession. Looking forward to following your successes!

    ReplyDelete