Jonathan and I have been married for 2 years now! It has been a great adventure that continues to bring me to new places. I would love to share this adventure with you, so come follow me....

Sunday, April 11, 2010

What a weekend

This has been a very busy weekend. Friday night was spent visiting with our cousin from Oregon, so we definitely had a blast till about 10 pm when it was time to go home. Our Life Connection class was participating in Metro Changers this weekend to re-roof her house. We were only able to work about 6 hours, but that was definitely some hard work. The guys were removing the 4 layers of shingles while the girls had to clean all of that up. Between all the shoveling, emptying the wheel barrow, throwing shingles in the wheelbarrow and on my knees shoveling the stuff for others, my body is hating me right now. It doesn't matter what I move...pain.

We had to leave early from that to my company event of the Birmingham Barron's baseball game which was awesome except we lost :( The fireworks show at the end was amazing though. This morning, we went to Barber's Motorsports for the Indy race. We spent the time hanging out with one of our cool aunt and uncle. We left early to come back home. This weekend has been fun but where does it leave me?.... in pain on the couch.

I have not updated for a while on my coupon trips, but I am really starting to get the hang of this. Check out my 68% savings where I got a buggy full of $117 worth of groceries for the low low price of $38!

Here is the picture...
Now for the highlights:
5 boxes of Augratin potatoes for about $1 from $1.69 a box

Penny item of Publix bleach

Soft Scrub Kitchen cleaner was $3.79 a bottle but on sale for 2 for $5. I had 2 BOGO coupons and then 2 $2 off coupons. I forgot to use my Target $1 off coupon so they would have been free, but not bad $1 for 4 bottles

Voila skillet meals were $4.99 but bogo and then $1 off 2.

Thomas bagels were $3.99 and then bogo plus $1 off for the final of $1

Golden Grahams bogo plus $1 off 2

Green Giant frozen vegetables were $1.66 a box down to $1. I had several $.40 off that doubled so around $1 for 4 boxes

Pam spray was $3.39, then bogo and I had $.35 off that doubled for a final around $1

My favorite deal: Stouffer's family entree lasagna was $6.99 marked down to $3.99. I had 2 $2.50 off coupons for a final of $1.49 each! I can't get the meat that cheap.

The weekend has almost come to an end, so I'm going to continue to lay on this couch and hope to gain more use of my back. I hope everyone had a great weekend and have a great week.

1 comment:

  1. It was a busy weekend wasn't it?! I am still struggling in pain this morning. I never imagined I would hurt this bad. This must be what it feels like to get hit by a train!

    ReplyDelete