Jonathan and I have been married for 2 years now! It has been a great adventure that continues to bring me to new places. I would love to share this adventure with you, so come follow me....

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Publix Scenario

Thanks to Melissa Sherman for this suggestion.

This week at Publix, you will receive a $10 Publix gift card wyb (when you buy) $50 American Express gift card. If you purchase $25 of groceries, you get $10 off a $50 BP gas card (you may need a coupon out of the ad for Publix this week).

Melissa's idea that she will test out is purchase the American Express card first and automatically earn $10. She will then take that $60 and pay for her groceries and towards the BP card. The cashier may not let you pay for the BP card with the American Express, so just be prepared for that. Even if you break it up more, you still make $20 on this deal.

1 comment:

  1. I went and bought the gift card today and noticed in the ad that you can use American Express to pay for your groceries at Publix, so I can't imagine they won't allow you to use the gift card to pay for your groceries plus the BP card. The only caveat--the American Express card had a $4.95 activation fee, however, with the $10 gift card, you still make $5 off the deal plus the $10 off the BP card. I'm not sure if there is an activation fee for the BP card or not...

    ReplyDelete