Jonathan and I have been married for 2 years now! It has been a great adventure that continues to bring me to new places. I would love to share this adventure with you, so come follow me....

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Desoto Caverns

Sunday afternoon, Jonathan and I drove to Childersburg to visit the Desoto Caverns. I have to say this is a neat place to go on a hot summer day...the cave is always at 60 degrees. My camera pictures didn't turn out too well, but here are a few:


There is also a light show you get to watch. Since this cave is privately owned, they have a cross hanging in the cave, the light shows are centered around God and the tour guides can talk about God. This is a great place to support. The neat thing is you can pay $5 a ticket to upgrade to an annual pass. We did that, so we are now up for a trip to the cave at any time.

All the walking in the cave created an appetite, so we went to Yogurt Mountain. Here is what we split:
I promise there is yogurt underneath all the gummy worms and bears.

1 comment:

  1. I remember going to Desoto Caverns all the time for field trips when I was younger. I remember the stalagtites (sp?) and stalagmights (sp?) did they talk about those?

    ReplyDelete