Jonathan and I have been married for 2 years now! It has been a great adventure that continues to bring me to new places. I would love to share this adventure with you, so come follow me....

Sunday, March 7, 2010

I'm loving this new hobby!

Let me start by saying this has been a great weekend. We rented Couple's Retreat Friday night, which is hilarious! Then Saturday was a church missions lunch with our Life Connection group. Great missionaries from Tennessee, great company and amazing food!
Then Sunday...coupon shopping day!!!!!
I did some shopping at Publix Thursday night where I got a gallon of milk, chips ahoy cookies, 2 boxes of devil food cookies, bird's eye veggies, and soft soap hand soap for $9.11. My first trip to Publix today is pictured below...
Let me break down the fantastic deals:
The only thing that wasn't on sale or a coupon for was the Simply Orange for $3.79
6 cups of Dannon yogurt for $.40 each and a coupon for .60 off 6
Dannon greek yogurt FREE
2 snickers bars $.89 each but then I had a coupon for $.50 off 2, but wait...Publix doubles that to $1 off so $.78 for 2
Softsoap hand wash for $1 for one on sale and then a $.35 off that doubles to $.70 off for a total of $.30
I was in desperate need for nail clippers because I have managed to loss 2 pairs since our trip :(. Publix paid me $.21 to take the Revlon nail clippers home after my $1 off coupon! It doesn't get better than being paid to buy a product.
Lunchable sandwich on sale for $1 each but then I had a $.75 off coupon so I paid $.25 for one
Publix had Kelloggs cereal 50% Saturday and Sunday, so Apple Jacks were $2 a box. I had $1 off purchase of 2 so $3 for two boxes. I haven't bought name brand cereal in probably a year because it is outrageously expensive. I wanted to jump up and down on this deal.
Pasta Fettucini on sale $.65 one because it was bogo
Streamfresh veggies on sale for 50% off. I had publix coupon for $1 off 2 and manufacturer coupon for $1 off 3. I spent $1.27 for 3 bags
Streamfresh meal for two was originally $6.99. I had a publix coupon for $1.50 off and manufacturer coupon for $1.50 off. This was $4 so not too bad
Totinos pizza rolls were bogo, so I bought one for $2
Hormel beef tips bogo for $1.25 each
Dreamfield spagetti noodles are much better with carbs so they are $1.99 each but I had 2 $1 off coupons so each were $1.
Musketeer candies were on clearance for 50% originally $.84. I had a coupon to buy 2 and get 1 free, so $.84 for 3
I had 2 Target $.50 on each Sobe water, and Publix uses competitor coupons so $.50 each. Publix doesn't double competitor coupons so not free unfortunately :(
Total cost before sales and coupons: $57.92
After sales and coupons: $28.46
More than 50% off!
Jonathan went with me to Publix again, CVS and Piggly Wiggly. This shopping trip was even better....

CVS:
2 bottles of Pantene are $6.97 and I go through conditioner pretty fast. I had a $3 off 2 bottles from today's paper and then $4 extra care bucks. I spent $1.04 with this and the dawn detergent and then got another $2 to use towards another purchase. I'm going to go back and get this deal again. This brings my extra care bucks to $6 so more free conditioner!
Piggly Wiggly:
5 lb bag of flour was on sale for $1.59. I had a $.75 off one that was doubled! I paid $.09 for 5 lbs of flour!!!!!
2 bags of malt of meal cereal for $3 so that total was $3.50. I'm stocking up on cereal while I can find it pretty reasonable.
Publix:
I bought another Bham paper in the first trip but forgot to take it in the picture. It has over $300 of coupons so I was glad to pay $2 for another.
We bought 2 boxes of Raisen Bran for $2 each and then another $1 off 2 coupon brought the total of Publix to $3.34. The bag girl was amazed and how cheap we got our cereal.
Our pantry looks more loved now!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you guys enjoyed Saturday. It turned out great. Looks like you have been on the hunt for some great deals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey FYI. I go to the Dollar Tree by Winn Dixie on Valleydale every Sunday after church and get my Birmingham paper for only $1. Love paying only a $1 for all the coupons!!! :)

    ReplyDelete